Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013...Best Year Yet...

2012 was ok.  The back half better than the front.  2011 kinda sucked.  Some of you know all the reasons, some don't, but it was probably out hardest year as a family.  It started off new years day with a miscarraige, then I was diagnosed with my blood disorder.  We were blessed with a pregnancy shortly after, but it was not an easy one.  I had an episode that was diagnosed as a 'possible' TIA.  Then preterm labor, a premature birth and 2 weeks in the NICU.  Nevermind the family drama that was going on back home that still managed to reach us here.  The 2 shining spots in the year were Lorelei's birth and her DNA clearing her of VLCAD.

2012 we closed in ranks around our little family and recovered.  It was hard on all of us.  Especially with no support system close by.  By spring we (mostly me) were ready to put everything behind us and move on.  I was lucky to find a great friend in someone that started as a running buddy.  She introduced us to an amazing church where we found a great 'family,' and by the time Elliot needed surgery in October we had more help than we could have asked for!  We have truly been blessed with great friends this year!

On to 2013!!  We have 3 HEALTHY kids, great friends, amazing family, and a marriage that has grown stronger through it all.  I don't usually make 'resolutions' but I have some goals for 2013.

1.  SPEND MORE TIME WITH MY KIDS...not just existing as a family in the same house.  I've been very lucky to meet some amazing moms this past year who inspire me to try to be a better mom.  One friend in particular who plays outside with her kids in the dirt, runs around with them in bathing suits sliding into their wading pool, does crafts on a regular basis, all while keeping a clean (I know she'll disagree, but she's crazy) house!

2. GET MORE ORGANIZED...In everything.  I have felt so disorganized since Lorelei came around.  Our house is CHAOS!  And sometimes we have C.H.A.O.S. as in Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome!  My goal for this year is a place for everything and everrything in it's place.  I also want to get back in to couponing.  It has been sporadic and disorganized at best this past year.  My stockpile is non-existent and I know I'm spending way more than I need to.

3. GET HEALTHY!  This is a hard one for me.  I struggle to find time to work out and eat decent meals.  So instead I find myself hanging on to some pregnancy weight, fatigued, and eating on the go.  I was really hoping to lose about 30 pounds before a very important wedding in February...That's not gonna happen so my new plan is to lose at least 10.  Then lose 20 by summer and 30 by the end of the year.  I need to make some serious lifestyle changes to make that happen.

So there it is.  I guess I should also say be a better blogger since I RARELY write with any consistency!  I hope all of you will help keep me on top of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment