Tuesday, October 30, 2012

For My Little Ladybug...

My little Lulu is ONE!  Her party turned out better than expected!
Maybe because I had an extra week and a 'trial' run at most the preparations thanks to our weekend in the hospital!  Her dessert table was the best.
  I'm not sure what was my favorite!  The ladybug pretzels were super yummy!  Grandma K's shortbread cookies tasted as good as ever and I was thrilled with how the icing turned out. 
I am super impressed with how her cake turned out!  I've never attempted to frost a cake before and never even touched fondant!  I read some tips on pinterest and videos on Youtube on how to get my frosting smooth and it turned out better than expected!  Admittedly my writing is a little wonky but The cake was adorable!
The smash cake was almost as cute!  I didn't like the shape of the head as much, but it just got destroyed anyway!
We had a ladybug craft and favors with red and black candies...
 
  
Everyone had fun and Lorelei's first birthday was celebrated like it was supposed to be!  I still can't believe my baby girl is one!  I'm ANXIOUSLY waiting for her one year pictures so stay tuned for more cuteness than you can handle!

No comments:

Post a Comment