Sunday, September 23, 2012

A 'Fairy' Good Time

I can NOT believe my princess is 7 years old.  That's just crazy!  Amelia wanted a fairy birthday party.  I had so much fun with this one!  She didn't want Tinkerbell so I pretty much got to do whatever I wanted for decorations.  She was so proud that I was going to make everything myself.  I think it turned out pretty great!  Here is the desert table...
We had Pixie Punch, and Kool-Aid popcorn...a recipe I found on pinterest.  Someone said it tasted like nerds.  I thought it was like super sweet caramel corn.  A word to the wise...Don't try it with RAW sugar!  My pink ended up looking about the color of Barbie flesh.  NOT appetizing!  Here's a link to the pin!

We had mini "fairy" sized cupcakes
A candy bar for the fairies to fill their treasure bags
 And candy coated marshmallow wands
After I loaded a bunch of second graders up with candy, I thought lets make them all sit down and do crafts!  I think I did it backwards!  Nevertheless...here's the craft table...

                           
They decorated fairy wands with glitter glue, made pixie dust, and got their nails painted with glitter polish.

The pixie dust station was my fave.  I got these cute little containers at the dollar store and glued flowers to the lid.  I did by some fancy glitter, but the pink and purple is salt glitter!  I saw the pin on pinterest here.  I should have read her warning about paste coloring!  You wouldn't think burnt salt would smell that bad, but man!  We sure stunk up the house!  I wanted neon colors so all I could find was gel color.  I cooked it at 300 for 5 minutes and it worked pretty well!
All the girls had a wonderful time, and when asked what her favorite part of her party was, Amelia said "All of it!"


No comments:

Post a Comment