Saturday, June 16, 2012

Lorelei is 8 months!

You've now been here for as long as you grew inside me.  I still think a lot about those first 5 weeks and how blessed we are to have you with us, healthy and happy.  It's like when you have a bad dream and it sticks with you.  That's what that time is like for me.  Sometimes I have to remind myself that you are healthy and I don't have to worry so much!

You have so much personality.  You are the happiest baby I've ever seen!  Unless you're mad...then you're MAD!  You're rarely fussy.  I love all your faces.  When you can talk I know you'll have a lot to say.
 

You love your toys.  You have figured out how to make noise with them and shake your rattles and bang them together.  Your favorites are the pink bug and Sophie the giraffe.  You chew on anything you can get your hands on.  Everything goes straight to your mouth.

You have 2 teeth and no signs of getting any others any time soon.

You've figured out how to move!  You scooted for the first time yesterday and today you're all over!  You haven't quite figured out what to do once you get your knees under you.

You love your brother and sister.  I love watching you watch them.  You love music.  You love to watch Amelia and Elliot dance.


You nap well but sleeping at night is another story!  You wake up every couple hours and want me.  You have to have your blankie to sleep.  You like to bury your face in it.  I hate that.  You also have to have your seahorse.

You LOVE food!  Especially green vegetables.  You've had broccoli, avocado, green beans, peas, apples, pears, bananas, sweet potatoes, and carrots.  I couldn't pick what I think is your favorite.  You love it all.

You love when I sing to you.  Your favorite is "You Are My Sunshine."  You definitely live up to the lyrics.  I'm so thankful He chose me to be your Mommy.  You make me happy when skies are grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment